Estah, as a non-profit organisation have come forward to give all the support to the people who faced the difficulties of the pandemic, even without coming in contact with the virus as they were left gasping for jobs, money, food, most importantly their livelihoods
The Adventure Of Coronavirus
- upon the world and its unprecedented growth into a pandemic brought about an unequivocal quest, not only for the people who came in contact with it but also for people who haven’t been directly affected by the virus.
- This group of people includes the lower sections of our society, usually called the working class.
- In a developing country like India, the country’s economy and day to day activities depend heavily upon this particular group of people which includes the daily-wage laborers, the migrant workers, the farmers and other such people who are involved in the groundwork, belonging straight to the niche of the country, acting as our country’s strong inner structure, its skeleton.
- These people, who faced the brunt of this pandemic, even without coming in contact with the virus were left gasping for jobs, money, food, families, and most importantly their livelihoods.
We, as a non-profit society, have come forward to give them the support that overlooked them or did not reach them from the central, authoritative sources.
Estah, which operates in the remotest of the villages in 4 states in the South of India- Karnataka, Andhrapradesh, Tamil Nadu and Telangana- has stretched its hand far and wide in order to reach as many people as possible who are in need of desperate help.
- Our team, which includes a bright and valiant group of volunteers, men, and women from different sectors, farm trainers, doctors, nurses, and other authoritative personnel has been continuously providing their blood and sweat to serve these people and bring their livelihoods back to them.
- In a period of 40- tough and challenging- days, we have managed to help around 1,63,587 people in these 4 states, the major beneficiaries including the poor, daily wage labors and migrants and also the farmers who have suffered great financial as well as emotional loss in this testing time.
- Every day, since the lockdown was announced, we were swift in taking action.
Estah, through these little yet significant efforts have ensured the return of livelihood to thousands of people who were left in despair and unassisted. Estah continues to help and provide assistance to people within our reach.
PROVIDING DAILY COOKED MEALS
- Our organization, with the help of community kitchens like Amma mess and Lions club kitchen, has managed to feed around 500 to 1,200 people daily.
- A huge amount of vegetables and fruits from the farms were being dumped and wasted due the closure of procurement centres and markets.
- We associated with the farmers who had their produce ready to be dispatched but had no means to export it out of their farms to the community. We helped them to get their due profits and value for their produce and using the produce to feed the poor and needy households, ensuring that no-one within our reach had to sleep hungry.
- A total of 27,810 plus meals served on a daily and hourly basis.
DISTRIBUTING ESSENTIAL NEED ITEMS
Estah provided ration and grocery supplies to thousands of households during this period of 40 days, total number amounting to 81,794 plus items in the form of daily need supplies such as grains, pulses, and other raw materials, vegetables, fruits, and other produce, body, and cloth washing supplies, clothes and other wearable items and much more on an average of 2,000 items distributed daily with the generous help of donors through their donations.
DISTRIBUTING PPE KITS AND PROVIDING MEDICAL TRAINING
- In the wake of sudden demand and absolute need of protective kits and items such as protective face and head masks, disposable gloves and hand sanitizers and soaps, Estah has provided these people with such protective gears to the common people and played a role in keeping them safe and assuring that they maintain their distance from the virus as well as socially by training people and workers in the use of these gears and their proper use.
- A total of 49,076 such kits containing these items have been distributed by our organization, thus playing a crucial role in containing the spread of the virus. An average of 1,000 to 2,000 kits distributed every day.
AID TO FARMERS
- Farmers, who have suffered a deep burrowing loss, have been provided all kinds of help by our organization.
- We have helped a total of 13,087 farmers from various villages in the 4 states to maintain their harvest and export of produce and assured that they get their due share that their hard-work deserves.
- We provided them with trained farm labor who helped them with the harvest and packing of produce. Transport facilities were provided to the farms which were left stranded because of the closure of commercial and transport activities and the produce was made to reach the local community with 100 percent of the profit for the produce going directly to the farmers.
Till date we have reached 1.6 lakhs plus people in various locations in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Our work is being updated on social media through Facebook
Estah was formed in 2014 as a response to this challenge: to help social entrepreneurs navigate the crucial planning stage for their urban farming and rural farming business and avoid costly mistakes.
In order to achieve this goal, FACT (Farmer and Consumer Technologies) was launched, FACT is a technology-agnostic network advisory solution. It also acts as a bridge between Farmer producer organizations and consumer community organizations. We offer services for social entrepreneurs, companies, villages and cities, including feasibility studies, farm design, due diligence, and decentralizing, local food system planning with supply demand mapping with help of local institutions. Decentralization is a process of which activities of a community with respect to procurement, marketing, consumptions are defined and governed locally with villages as the smallest unit inherit best practices from outside. Connected Decentralization is the way to go to achieve self-sustainability with maximum yields. Three levels of decentralization at village level, connecting with nearby urban and semi-urban centers and transparent business models.